It’s interesting to consider how this device, designed for a specific vertical, stacks up against its obvious competitor, the iPad.
Drawing only on Kno’s description, here is my sense of the pros and cons compared with the iPad:
Advantages of Kno
- Good integration between reading and note-taking applications
- Notebook app designed specifically for active reading
- A stylus designed for writing
Advantages of iPad
- Light-weight: 1.5 vs. 2.6 pounds for the single-screen Kno; dual-screen is 5.6 pounds.
- Longer battery life: 9-10 hours of use vs. about 6 hours for the Kno
- More applications